Interlake Child Care and Learning Center is hiring actively to provide quality care and developmentally-appropriate practices for children ages 0-5.
We are seeking exceptional educators who are passionate about Early Childhood Education, who enjoy working with a variety of age groups of children, and who are looking to join a great team with low ratios and amazing benefits. Interlake’s teachers are a diverse group of people who enjoy growing and learning together. We value a vibrant workforce where all humans are safe and welcome.
- Generous time off
- 17 days of paid time off per year
- 14 paid holidays/year
- Paid trainings and in-services
- Medical insurance (platinum plan)
- Dental, short term disability, and AD & D insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Voluntary life and additional AD & D insurance
- Voluntary long term disability insurance
TITLE: Toddler Teacher
This is a full-time position in the Toddler Room of our Early Achiever’s accredited center. Interlake Childcare provides excellent medical, dental and vision insurance to all its full-time employees. We are looking for toddler teachers who can provide experiential-based learning and assist with planning and implementing age-appropriate curriculum with children ages 14 months- 3 years.
- Encourage children’s social and emotional development and instill a sense of wonder and excitement about learning and creativity.
- Attend to children’s physical and emotional safety using best practices.
- Be familiar with State Licensing Requirements and Early Achiever’s standards.
- Develop collaborative and cooperative relationships with families and staff.
- Work with fellow teachers to provide continuity and consistency for the children.
- Planning developmentally appropriate activities within an emergent curriculum and document each child’s growth and development.
- Organize and maintain classroom areas.
- Use positive guidance methods that strengthen each child’s problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be in good physical health and able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be committed to professional development, maintaining yearly required training and STARS credits.
- Participate in self, classroom and center-wide evaluation processes.
- Be knowledgeable of basic computers and iPads.
- One year of experience working with children
- 30 STARS Hours- Basic training
- Working knowledge of child development ages 12 months–3 years
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven initiative and accountability
- 18 years of age or older and a high school graduate
- CDA credential and extensive experience with toddlers OR
- AA or BA or equivalent in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
$500 JOINING BONUS 1 MONTH AFTER HIRE IF YOU HAVE:
- Current state approved infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Proof of negative Mantoux TB Test within the last 12 months
- HIV/AIDS & Blood Borne Pathogens training certification
- WA State Department of Early Learning Portable Background Check
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $24.00 /hour DOE