Interlake Child Care and Learning Center is hiring actively to provide quality care and developmentally-appropriate practices for children ages 0-5.
We are a nonprofit child care center with a 35+ year history and are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and are part of Early Achievers. We are dedicated to working with families of young children (ages 2 months to 5 years) to create an inclusive and vibrant community of educators and families.
We are seeking exceptional educators who are passionate about Early Childhood Education, who enjoy working with a variety of age groups of children, and who are looking to join a great team with low ratios and amazing benefits. Interlake’s teachers are a diverse group of people who enjoy growing and learning together. We value a vibrant workforce where all humans are safe and welcome.
- Weekly off-site team meetings
- Paid STARS training
- Free street parking nearby
- Close to major public transportation routes
- Generous time off
- 17 days of paid time off per year
- 14 paid holidays/year
- Paid trainings and in-services
- Medical insurance (platinum plan)
- Dental, short term disability, and AD & D insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Voluntary life and additional AD & D insurance
- Voluntary long term disability insurance
TITLE: Toddler Teacher
Overview: This is a full-time position in the Toddler Room of our Early Achiever’s accredited center. Interlake Childcare provides excellent medical, dental and vision insurance to all its full-time employees. We are looking for toddler teachers who can provide experiential-based learning and assist with planning and implementing age-appropriate curriculum with children ages 12 months-3 years.
- Encourage children’s social and emotional development and instill a sense of wonder and excitement about learning and creativity.
- Attend to children’s physical and emotional safety using best practices.
- Be familiar with State Licensing Requirements and Early Achiever’s standards.
- Develop collaborative and cooperative relationships with families and staff.
- Work with fellow teachers to provide continuity and consistency for the children.
- Planning developmentally appropriate activities within an emergent curriculum.
- Organize and maintain classroom areas.
- Use positive guidance methods that strengthen each child’s problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be in good physical health and able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be committed to professional development, maintaining yearly required training and STARS credits.
- Participate in self, classroom and center-wide evaluation processes.
- Be knowledgeable of basic computers and iPads.
- One year of experience working with children
- 30 STARS Hours- Basic training
- Working knowledge of child development ages 12 months–3 years
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven initiative and accountability
- 18 years of age or older and a high school graduate
- CDA credential and extensive experience with toddlers OR
- AA or BA or equivalent in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Current state approved infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Proof of negative Mantoux TB Test within the last 12 months
- HIV/AIDS & Blood Borne Pathogens training certification
- WA State Department of Early Learning Portable Background Check
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour DOE