Interlake Child Care and Learning Center is hiring actively to provide quality care and developmentally-appropriate practices for children ages 0-5.
We are seeking exceptional educators who are passionate about Early Childhood Education, who enjoy working with a variety of age groups of children, and who are looking to join a great team with low ratios and amazing benefits. Interlake’s teachers are a diverse group of people who enjoy growing and learning together. We value a vibrant workforce where all humans are safe and welcome.
- Generous time off
- 17 days of paid time off per year
- 14 paid holidays/year
- Paid trainings and in-services
- Medical insurance (platinum plan)
- Dental, short term disability, and AD & D insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Voluntary life and additional AD & D insurance
- Voluntary long term disability insurance
TITLE: Floating Teacher
Overview: While scheduled shift times may vary, this is a full-time 40 hours/week position. Floating teachers work in all of the classrooms, working with children 2 months – 5 years in collaboration with lead and mentor teachers. Floating teachers fill in for sick or vacationing teachers, provide general support for classrooms and work with classroom teachers to develop and implement an emergent curriculum.
- Attend to children’s physical and emotional safety using best practices for each classroom. This requires some knowledge and willingness to familiarize yourself with State Licensing Requirements and NAEYC Standards.
- Develop collaborative and cooperative relationships with families and staff.
- Work with fellow teachers to provide continuity and consistency in all three classrooms, including curriculum implementation. Each classroom has its own rhythm, so this position requires flexibility and communication.
- Must be in good physical health and able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be committed to professional development, maintaining yearly 10 STARS credits.
- Participate in self, classroom and center-wide evaluation processes with support from classroom teachers and administration.
- Be knowledgeable of basic computers and Ipads.
- Willing to learn quickly and step into different classrooms as needed.
- Working knowledge of child development ages 2 months – 5 years
- One year of experience working with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven initiative and accountability
- Impeccable time management skills
- 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or older
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50- $21.00 /hour